Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bette Davis Quotes




• That's me: an old kazoo with some sparklers.

• I was the Marlon Brando of my generation.

• I will never be below the title.

• This became a credo of mine: Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.

• Don't get up. And please stop acting as if I were the queen mother!

• To fulfill a dream, to be allowed to sweat over lonely labor, to be given a chance to create, is the meat and potatoes of life. The money is the gravy. As everyone else, I love to dunk my crust in it. But alone, it is not a diet designed to keep body and soul together.

• I am doomed to an eternity of compulsive work. No set goal achieved satisfies. Success only breeds a new goal. The golden apple devoured has seeds. It is endless.

• It has been my experience that one cannot, in any shape or form, depend on human relations for lasting reward. It is only work that truly satisfies.

• My passions were all gathered together like fingers that made a fist. Drive is considered aggression today; I knew it then as purpose.

want more?? click this link!

No comments: